The UVA Women’s Center is pleased to announce that nominations are now being accepted for the 2016 Elizabeth Zintl Leadership Award. The award is presented in memory of Elizabeth Zintl, an accomplished writer and journalist who served as Chief of Staff in the Office of the President at the University of Virginia.
The Elizabeth Zintl Leadership Award honors the high degree of professionalism, creativity and commitment that characterized Elizabeth’s significant contributions to the University. This award also recognizes that such leadership is found in many areas and positions within the academic community.
- A woman employed in any area of the University.
- Excellence in work that makes a direct and significant impact on the core academic enterprise of the University.
- Unusually high degree of service to the University, within and beyond the expectations of the woman’s position description. Being superb in the position is not sufficient.
- Letter of nomination from an individual at the University.
- Current résumé or vita.
- No more than three (3) letters of support. It is strongly recommended that one of these letters come from outside the area or department of the nominee.
- Packets with more than 3 letters of support and/or additional materials will not be considered.
- Nominating and supporting letters should be concise and specific.
- The nominator takes responsibility for shaping the style and tone of the nominating packet.
The Elizabeth Zintl Leadership Award uses a pan-university nomination and selection process. The award is made possible through the generosity of David A. Harrison III, a devoted friend of Elizabeth’s and a great benefactor of the U.Va. Law School, School of Medicine, the University Library, the Athletics Department and numerous other entities and initiatives on Grounds.
The award carries a $1,000 prize for the honoree to use for her professional or personal development and will be presented in fall 2016 at a celebratory recognition ceremony. The deadline for this year’s nominations is Thursday, March 31, 2016.
Completed packets should be delivered to the UVA Women’s Center by Thursday, March 31, to the attention of Carol Gilbert, P.O. Box 800588, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.