Every week brings something new, interesting, and exciting. Let us fill you in on what’s been happening in and out of the Women’s Center.
1. Iris Magazine is in full swing, completing their first publication cycle of the new academic year this week. Check out the site for new articles ranging from reconciling one’s feminist ideals with the normalcies of a waitressing job to the importance of finding our “shut down” button.
2. The secret’s out: Charlottesville is the “feel good capital of the U.S.“
3. Have you ever heard of Motivational Interviewing? Charlotte Chapman, our own Director of Counseling, tells us what it is and how it’s being utilized in and out of the Women’s Center.
4. Jessica Posner Odede, Co-founder and COO of Shining Hope for Communities, will be joining us next Wednesday, September 30, to discuss her experiences fighting gender inequality and extreme poverty in Nairobi, Kenya.
5. You’ll never guess how many alarms our Young Women Leaders Program intern, Camara Glover sets in the morning. Read her student spotlight to find out.
From our Facebook:
The Women’s Center was represented by current and past interns at last weekend’s Charlottesville Pride Festival.