Every week brings something new, interesting, and exciting. Let us fill you in on what’s been happening in and out of the Women’s Center.
1. One Less and One in Four aim to talk to every first year about sexual assault.
2. Rowan Blanchard, 13 year old star of Disney Channels, “Girl Meets Boy”, is applauded for her thoughtful response to a fans question about ‘white feminism.’
3. Women’s Center’s Counseling team offers some tips for staying cool, calm, and collected at the start of the school year.
4. Last Wednesday we celebrated Women’s Equality Day to commemorate the adoption of the 19th Amendment, which gave women the right to vote. Some women of color and feminist groups took the time to remind us how “equal” this historical day of equality actually was.
6. Kate Harding offers a no-nonsense critique of the cultural response to sexual assault in her new book, “Asking For It: The Alarming Rise of Rape Culture – and What We Can Do About It.”
From our Facebook:
Women’s Center staff wore their “Not On Our Grounds” t-shirts as part of the #HOOSGotYourBack Pledge Day.