Every week brings something new, interesting, and exciting. Let us fill you in on what’s been happening in and out of the Women’s Center.
1. October is more than boots and pumpkin spice lattes: Come out to one of our many events recognizing Domestic Violence Awareness Month!
2. The latest tips from our Counseling department: Tips for Partners of Survivors
3. High Schoolers in South Carolina found an interesting way to protest their school’s dress code.
4. In need of some new art for your apartment or office? The Pakistanti-Afghan Women in Need organization here at U.Va. is hosting an art sale from local vendors. Part of the proceeds will go toward providing hygienic and sanitary items to women in desperate need in the poorest areas of Pakistan and Afghanistan.
5. Here’s something important to consider while you’re brainstorming costume ideas for Halloween.