Navigation

Search this site

Student Spotlight: Amber Wang

Get to know Gender Violence and Social Change intern, Amber Wang!

Year: Second Year
Major: Undeclared (interested in Psychology and Women, Gender, Sexuality studies)
Hometown: Manassas, VA

What do you miss most about your hometown when you're at UVA?
I miss my family most because they're the ones that keep me grounded and are always there for me when I'm upset. They also think that I can do anything I set my mind to, which is nice to have, especially during times I might not feel the same way about myself.

Why are you passionate about the Women's Center?
I'm passionate about the Women's Center because it consists of really caring and compassionate individuals who want to help others in need that may go unnoticed in everyday life.

What is your favorite UVA tradition?
My favorite UVa tradition by far is The Lighting of the Lawn. Last year was my first time at the event and I almost didn't stay for the whole thing because it was so cold and rainy. But, I'm really glad I stayed because the moment Ellie Goulding's "Burn" came on and the Rotunda lit up, everybody just went wild.

What's a fun fact you'd like people to know about you?
I learned how to play guitar by watching YouTube videos (so I'm far from being a pro).

If you could have coffee with anyone from history, who would it be and why?
If I could have coffee with anyone from history, I would want to meet Marilyn Monroe because I feel like everyone has a preconceived notion about who she is as a massive celebrity and sex symbol, but I would want the chance to let her define who she is and get to know her better as a person.

Add new comment

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.