Navigation

Search this site

Student Spotlight: Madison Baril

Get to know Body Positive intern, Madison Baril!

Year: Second
Major: Pre-Commerce track with a minor in WGS
Hometown: Chesapeake Virginia

What do you miss most about your hometown when you're at UVA?
I miss my dogs and my family the most when I'm at UVa. Honestly, my hometown isn't that great. But I look forward to getting bombarded by puppy kisses when I go home.

Why are you passionate about the Women's Center?
I am passionate about the Women's Center because as an intern, I am able to grow and learn new things every day. The people at the Women's Center always provide a really inviting environment where mistakes are accepted as a fact of life. Everyone is friendly and supportive, which is great when I'm feeling down or stressed.

What is your favorite UVA tradition?
My favorite UVa tradition is Take Back the Night, which is a week-long event designed to discuss sexual assault with victims and their loved ones, put on by the Gender Violence and Social Change interns. Last year I had the privilege of being part of the Open Mic Night committee, and it was a very impactful experience for me.

What's a fun fact you'd like people to know about you?
My favorite place I have ever visited (thus far) is Arizona. It's beautifully barren. We even passed an Arizona State Botanical Garden, which was comprised of tumbleweeds, cacti, and a random assortment of bushes.

If you could have coffee with anyone from history, who would it be and why?
I would definitely want to have coffee with my great grandmother, Beverly Hagberg. She was just an awesome person and I would love to have another opportunity to gain some wisdom and cool stories from her.

Add new comment

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.