Welcome back! Lets fill you in on what’s been happening in and out of the Women’s Center since the end of the Fall semester.
1. You may have been keeping up with our women’s basketball team over winter break, but Charlotte Chapman and Rashona Sharpless found themselves sharing the court with the team in two distinct ways.
2. Makayla Palazzo didn’t anticipate granting writing to be a defining experience of her college years. But MACAA Hope House inspired her tremendously and she has since found working with them to be, “a truly touching and rewarding experience.”
3. With her experience as a member of our counseling team and as the parent of two Charlottesville High School alums, Margaret Edwards will be part of a panel discussion for families in the community at the Martin Luther King Performing Arts Center at Charlottesville High School about how to, “Engage the Instagram Generation.” This open dialogue will take place next Wednesday, January 27, and will discuss issues such as communication, substance and alcohol abuse, and sexual harassment.
4. It has been nearly a year since we began our MLK Hope House Project. As we continue to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. over the next few weeks, lets look back at all we have accomplished in just one year working with MACAA Hope House.
5. We caught up with former Women’s Center intern and current “digital maven”, Kaeisha O’Neal to see where life took her after leaving the Center.