Navigation

Search this site

Student Spotlight: Briana Barrett

Get to know YWLP intern, Briana Barrett!

What do you miss the most about your hometown when you're at UVA?
I miss the local jokes that my city has! There are certain things that have happened or have affected the majority of the residents that people simply find hilarious. I always forget that a lot of the students at UVA have no idea what I'm talking about when I say "Remember when....happened??"

Why are you passionate about the Women's Center?
I'm passionate about the Women's Center because it is such a welcoming and relieving environment, and its mission is something I wanted to realize during my undergraduate career.

What's something you know you do differently than most people?
I'm not sure if this is a national consensus, but a lot of the people I have talked to say they can't stand sleeping with their socks on...and I sleep with socks on almost every night!

What is your favorite U.Va Tradition?
I think my favorite tradition would have to be trying to complete the list of things to do before you graduate. It's a whole bunch of traditions in one!

If you had access to a time machine, where and when would you go?
If I had a time machine, I would go back to when my parents were in college to see how they met.

What's a fun fact you'd like people to know about you?
A fun fact about me is that I don't have a knee reflex! When ever I go to the doctor and they tap my knee with the little hammer, my leg doesn't kick out at all!

Add new comment

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.