Navigation

Search this site

Student Spotlight: Kerri Anderson

Get to know one of our YWLP Big Sisters, Kerri Anderson!

What do you miss the most about your hometown when you're at UVA?
I'm from a very rural town not too far from Charlottesville, so, luckily, I get to go home more often than others. I mostly miss my family while I'm at school, but I also miss the fact that there's not much traffic in Goochland!

Why are you passionate about the Women's Center?
The Women's Center offers so many programs that support women in many different ways. The program I'm most involved, Young Women Leaders Program, has given me and other UVA students the opportunity to learn more about the Charlottesville community through mentoring while getting academic credit and building strong friendships.

What's something you know you do differently than most people?
I don't ever hit snooze on my alarm, and I'm usually out of bed within two minutes of my alarm going off. I also like to get my workouts done in the morning, so sometimes I'm at the AFC when it opens at six!

What is your favorite U.Va Tradition?
I'm an RA, so I basically love every UVA tradition. My favorite traditions would probably be football and basketball games, though!

If you had access to a time machine, where and when would you go?
I'd love to see Charlottesville and Richmond when they were just being established!

What's a fun fact you'd like people to know about you?
I'm the only redhead in my family in the last three generations!

Add new comment

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.