Get to know YWLP Big Sister, Colleen Casey!

What do you miss the most about your hometown when you're at UVA?
I miss my friends who go to different schools the most! I never moved growing up, so I had the chance to build a really strong, core group of close friends, but now we're spread all across the state.

Why are you passionate about the Women's Center?
I am passionate about the Women's Center because it provides so many helpful resources all in one place. I would have absolutely no idea where to look for certain information if something happened, but the Women's Center has everything organized, collated, and advertised, so anyone can find it.

What's something you know you do differently than most people?
If I think I recognize an actor or voice actor in a movie or TV show, I will obsess and dig through IMDb until I can figure out exactly what I remember them from! I have a knack for faces, so sometimes I recognize actors from obscure movies that I saw once years ago, but it's so satisfying when I finally make that connection.

What is your favorite UVA Tradition?

I really love all the different chants and cheers at sports games. They make the student body really feel like one and get me so hyped!

If you had access to a time machine, where and when would you go?
If I had a time machine, I would go to Denmark in the 1580's. I love astronomy and it would be very cool to study under Tycho Brahe when he was making all of his observations of the night sky.

What's a fun fact you'd like people to know about you?
I play Quidditch here at UVA! We don't actually fly, but it can still get rough. It's like handball, dodgeball, and rugby all in one, with quite a few unique aspects mixed in, like the snitch!