students in lounge
Resources

Get to know YWLP Big Sister, Erin Alleva!

What do you miss the most about your hometown when you're at UVA?
I think the thing that I miss the most are the mountains. I'm from the Pacific Northwest and we have The Cascades, The Olympics, and other amazing mountains that are unlike anything in Virginia.

Why are you passionate about the Women's Center?
The Women's Center is a really great place for women to be empowered and I have personally enjoyed the caring attitude of the staff whenever I have walked into the building. I remember the first time I came there was for an interview that I was kind of nervous for. The great attitude of the staff calmed me down and made me feel at home and that was a really valuable experience for me.

What's something you know you do differently than most people?
According to my old coach I run really weirdly, he called me out on it all the time and my assistant coach actually asked him on her first day what was wrong with me because I was running so strangely.

What is your favorite UVA Tradition?
The Good Old Song, it's such a wonderful way to start or end an event and it really gives a sense of community.

If you had access to a time machine, where and when would you go?
Probably to Ancient Rome during the republic (it would be nice to use those 8 years of Latin that I've done so much with).

What's a fun fact you'd like people to know about you?
I rapped at my High School Graduation for my speech, and I really wish I was better at it.