students in lounge
Resources

Get to know Women, Girls & Global Justice intern, Thamanna Nishath!

What do you miss the most about your hometown when you're at UVA?
Its not the place, but more the people I miss in my hometown.

Why are you passionate about the Women's Center?
I'm passionate about the Women's Center because it is a community not a place. It not only impacts the lives of the people it hopes to reach out to, but it also impacts the lives of everyone who works hard to run it.

What is your favorite UVA Tradition?
My favorite UVA tradition is the Lighting of the Lawn. Its a great night to spend with friends and peers and truly appreciate how much my years at UVA mean to me.

If you had access to a time machine, where and when would you go?
With a time machine, I would go back to a time when getting into medical school was easier - I'll be applying soon so I'm a little nervous. But in all seriousness, I would like to go back to my childhood in Bangladesh. I don't remember much from when I was little and I would love to relive those moments and spend time with family members who are no longer alive. Those would be memories worth cherishing.

What's a fun fact you'd like people to know about you?
I love baby goats. Yes, should I have a few moments with you, there is a high chance that I will show you a baby goat video and get over excited about how cute they are. They're the cutest baby animals ever. There's no point in arguing with me about that.