Student Spotlight: Gabi Szabo
Major: Chemisty & Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
1.What brought you to the Women's Center?
I came to the Women's Center because I was looking for a way to get more involved in violence prevention work. I did a lot with it in high school, so after not really knowing where to start my first year, I decided I would apply to the internship to have some more direction my second year.
2. What other organizations are you involved with at UVA?
I am also involved with Green Dot (Not on Our Grounds).
3. If you could describe the gender violence and social change team in 3 words, what would they be?
My intern team is passionate, supportive, and interesting.
4. What is your favorite memory of UVA thus far?
My favorite memory of UVA thus far was either acting in Brown College's Hauntings on the Hill for Halloween last year or volunteering at Days on the Lawn.
5. What does leadership mean to you?
Leadership means working with things you are passionate about and telling and showing others about it to help them understand what it is.
6. What is your guilty pleasure?
My guilty pleasure is Grey's Anatomy!