Navigation

Search this site

Spotlight: Maddie Fleischmann

Name: Maddie Fleischmann

Year: Third

Major: Psychology and Sociology

Hometown: Atlanta, GA

1.    What brought you to the Women's Center?

This is actually a pretty funny story. One day last year I was scrolling through snapchat, and decided to watch the UVA snapchat story (which I almost never do). The student who was "taking it over" that day was a Women's Center Intern, and she kept posting stories of her in internship meetings, in the Front Lines of Social Change class, and with the other interns. I thought that the internship sounded interesting, so I looked it up and was hooked. I have always been passionate about global womanhood and women's empowerment, and live by the idea of thinking globally, acting locally. I knew this was perfect for me, and I applied the following day!

2.    What other organizations are you involved with at UVA?

I am part of the Virginia Ambassadors as a Hoos in the Office member, an intern for Birthright trips run by UVA, a proud member of the WaJew community, and a member of Tri Sigma sorority. 

3.    If you could describe your intern team in 3 words, what would they be?

Creative, passionate, intelligent

4.    What is your favorite memory of UVA thus far?

The Concert for Charlottesville last year was a truly powerful moment. After the tragedy that our entire community was feeling so intensely, it was really incredible to all come together and celebrate our city's unity while watching such amazing talent. It was a night I will never forget. 

5.     What does leadership mean to you?

I think that all great leaders make an effort to listen to the opinions and needs of everyone of is affected by their decisions. On top of that, though, excellent leaders teach and empower others to step up and become leaders, themselves. 

6.    What is your guilty pleasure?

Traditional Chex Mix. I can easily eat an entire family size bag in one sitting.

Add new comment

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.