What a special place this is.
Our days and weeks are spent working together with students who motivate us with their keen insights into our world, their passion for social justice, and their commitment to making a difference. Our alumni stay in touch, demonstrating the value they place on our work and their genuine concern for the well-being of our students. The colleagues with whom we collaborate on Grounds and in the vibrant Charlottesville community are models of leadership and service in their fields.
Our small staff works closely with the 98 students who have committed to serving in one of our eight programs for the full academic year. I ask you to join us in this work.
We are committed to making the best use of every infusion of funds we receive from any source. University funding, which provides for most - but not all - of the salaries for our staff, represents about 80% of our budget each year. Beyond that funding, the proceeds of our endowment fund half of the amount we need for salaries and our programs’ operating expenses annually. Our budget is lean and your support makes a big difference to what we can accomplish in the New Year.
Your support matters here. Please click here to give online, or mail a check to us at P.O. Box 800588, Charlottesville, VA 22908.
"As women, we have come a long way. We could not have attended UVA 40 years ago, but there is still much work to be done and much room for improvement.
We need to recognize one another, support each other, hold one another up and push each other forward."
2017 Elizabeth Zintl Leadership Award Recipient
This call to action, issued to the University Community this fall, beautifully describes all of the work we are so proud to do at the Women's Center. Your support for our daily efforts - teaching, counseling, mentoring, and advocating - moves us all toward our larger goals.
Ways to Give
- With our online giving form, you can use a credit card to make a one-time gift or initiate giving that automatically recurs over a period of months or years.
- Mail a check to: P.O. Box 800588, Charlottesville, VA 22908
- Do you own stock that has appreciated? Donate shares and receive a charitable deduction for the full current market value and exemption from capital gains tax. Contact us to let us know that you plan give securities or to get further information.
- Contact us with any questions about making a pledge.
Invest in Our Future
- If you have included the Women’s Center in your will, trust or estate plan, please let us know.
- Please contact us if you are interested in planning a future gift. We would be happy to connect you with information about the readily available options and the tax and financial planning advantages associated with these types of gifts.