This event gives individuals the unique opportunity to hear and follow each stage of the reporting process. Survivors will be speaking about their reporting experience and a panel of speakers will be discussing the nuances of the reporting process and their thoughts on the process from their respective roles. The event will be concluded with a brief presentation from Women in Policy (WIP) on policy advocacy and allow time for a question and answer session. This event has been FOA approved by the Fraternity and Sorority Life Office.
- Anne Coughlin, UVA Law Professor, UVA vs. Legal Reporting
- Corinne Field, Women, Gender, and Sexuality Professor, Mandatory vs. Confidential Employees
- Claire Kaplan, Director of Gender Violence and Social Change Program at the Women’s Center, Confidential Employee and Women’s Center Counseling
- Christopher Tate, Title IX Office, Title IX policy
- Francesca Callicotte, Student and Website Liaison, Website Navigation
- Emily Leidy, Survivor, who will share her personal experience
- Logan Woodzell, Police Officer, reporting sexual assaults to the police
- Sheri Owen, Sexual Assault Resource Agency Director of Community Outreach, SARA’s hospital support program.
- Areshini Pather, Prosecutor and volunteer at Shelter for Help in Emergency, trial procedures
Co-sponsored by Women in Policy
This event is part of Take Back the Night. Check out the full list on Facebook, here.