Get to know YWLP Big Sister, Hayden-Anne Breedlove!

What do you miss the most about your hometown when you're at UVA?
I really miss my mom! That might sound cliche but I miss going shopping and out to dinner with her.

Why are you passionate about the Women's Center?
I'm passionate about the Women's Center because it provides me with an opportunity to give back both to UVA and the Charlottesville community. So often times we, as students, get caught up in the chaos of academia and forget to appreciate the area outside of UVA. Throughout my work with YWLP and the Women's Center, I've been able to give back to the community that has provided me my home for the past four years.

What's something you know you do differently than most people?
Almost everything - I try to be unique.

What is your favorite UVA Tradition?
I love the Good Ole' Song and the intense feelings of school pride associated with it. One of my best friends who is a die hard Virginia Tech fan came to the Tech vs. UVA football game with me this past season and didn't know what to do during the Good Ole' Song but the UVA fans that she was with tried to include her in it anyways. I love that whenever we sing it, the whole school comes together in unity. It really makes you realize how you are a part of something so large as a whole.

If you had access to a time machine, where and when would you go?
I'd go back to the roaring 20's so I could party with Jay Gatsby!

What's a fun fact you'd like people to know about you?
I've never had a pet (but really want a puppy).