students in lounge
Resources

Get to know Women, Girls, and Global Justice intern, Courtney Morgan!

Year: 4th
Major: Leadership & Public Policy
Hometown: Virginia Beach, VA

1. Why are you passionate about your program at the Women's Center?

I love the Women, Girls, & Global Justice program because I get to work with people who are doing awesome things both right here in Charlottesville and in other countries! Though time differences make Skype meeting logistics interesting, I love the fact the world is connected enough for me to work on projects here at UVA that connect me to the incredible work that people are doing around the world to advance the rights and opportunities of women and girls.

2. What made you choose UVA over other schools you applied to?

I chose UVA because I felt such a sense of opportunity here. I was never someone who had my heart set on a specific school, but I've discovered that there is truly something special about this place.

3. What has surprised you about UVA?

The variety! I think I had a very one-dimensional image of UVA culture before I came to grounds, but over my three and a half years here I've consistently met incredible people who shatter my assumptions.

4. What's something you know you do differently than most people?

I have no idea why, but always set my alarm ending in a 3.

5. If you could have coffee with anyone from history, who would it be and why?

I'm not a coffee drinker (oh wait I guess I do that differently, too) but I could go for some tea with like my great great great great grandmother. I just think it's be interesting to see if we were similar at all!