<p>Photo credit:&nbsp;https://zugrisphotography.portfoliobox.net/home" target="_blank">Nick Zuris</a></p>
Year: Third
Major: Government
Hometown: Fairfax, Virginia

Why are you passionate about your program at the Women’s Center?
So I’m interning with the Young Women Leaders Program, and I’m passionate about it because I was a Big Sister within the program last year, and I had an awesome experience. My Little, Jakia, and I had a great year spending time and growing as women leaders together, and I hope through my internship I can help other young women at UVA and other local middle school girls get paired up so that they can both have a similar enlightening experience that I was so fortunate to have had. 

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
In 10 years, I hope to have gradated from law school, and am practicing (in which field, I’m still unsure) perhaps near D.C. or in California (or Texas or Massachusetts or who knows!). More importantly, I’ve hopefully crossed some more countries off my travel to-visit list. 

What other organizations are you involved with at UVA?
I am also involved with Phi Alpha Delta, the pre-law co-ed fraternity, my sorority, Alpha Chi Omega, and the March of Dimes club. I also work at Boylan Heights on the corner. 

What is your favorite memory of UVA thus far?
My favorite memory of UVA thus far would probably be when I did a sunrise hike of Humpback with my three roommates last year. Hiking Humpback is such a quintessential UVA bonding activity, but it really is so much fun. Our hike last October definitely marked the beginning of three of the best friendships I’ve made here on Grounds. Together, we’ve shared even more great memories (like going to Greece this past summer!) and I can’t imagine experiencing UVA without them. 

What is something you know you do differently than other people?
This is always my fun fact/weird thing about me but: compared to most people, I have the diet of a six year old. I rarely eat anything green, and get all my energy from chicken nuggets and French fries. 

What is your guilty pleasure?
Napping!!! I love, love, love a good nap.