Spotlight: Ariel Harris
Name: Ariel Harris
Year: Third Year
Major: Double in WGS & political theory
1. What brought you to the Women's Center?
Outside of my major, their resources and safe space helped me a lot with the experiences I've had my first two years of college. It's a wonderful place!
2. If you could describe YWLP or MLP in 3 words, how would you describe it?
Rewarding, humbling, and fun
3. What other organizations are you involved with at UVA?
Jazba, a Bollywood dance team!
4. How has a mentor impacted you?
She helped me my first year of college to navigate grounds, provided friendship, and a safe space and so much help during extenuating circumstances where I felt I had no one.
5. If you could choose anyone, who would you choose to be your mentor?
Probably Donald Glover or Chance the Rapper... As cliche as that sounds, they're so so talented and humble and help the community as well as the music industry. They're all around amazing individuals.
6. What would you most like to tell your 13-year-old self?
Girl, cherish your time as a child because adulthood is amazng but you're gonna miss those days. Don't stress over the three page essay or the math test! You're gonna be okay. Enjoy time with friends and family because you'll miss them when you get older!