Spotlight: Jasmin Li
Name: Jasmin Li
Major: CS and ECON
Hometown: Fairfax, VA
1. What brought you to the Women's Center?
To be honest, the first time I heard of the Women’s Center was months into first year. After seeing a Facebook post about a WC event, I decided to check out what the Women’s Center offers and does. I was shocked that I didn’t know of such a great resource before. After learning about the Body Positive team, I wanted to get involved so I applied for an internship.
2. If you could describe your intern team in 3 words, what would they be?
Positive, welcoming, and understanding.
3. What other organizations are you involved with at UVA?
I am part of ASU (Asian Student Union) in the PAR committee (Prospective Alumni Relations), an adviser in PAFN (Peer Advising Family Network), and a volunteer for VISAS (Volunteers with International Students, Staff, and Scholars)!
4. What is your favorite memory of UVA thus far?
My favorite memory has to be the day my friends and I tried cooking a new dish together. There was good food, music, company, and dogs!
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
I’m embarrassed to admit I’m a fan of ice ASMR.
6. What does your leadership team mean to you?
Leadership is incorporating everyone’s opinion to achieve a goal. It’s more than planning an event, or finishing a project; there should be a shared feeling of accomplishment among the group. A leader is passionate, understanding, engaged, and an active listener.