students in lounge
Resources

Name: Diana Sanchez

Year: Fourth Year

Major: Spanish and French double major

Hometown: Danville, Va

1.    What brought you to the Women's Center?

I was a Big Sister for YWLP last year and fell in love with the program. I decided to become an intern because I wanted to continue to be a part of the program but also was interested to learn how YWLP functions behind the scenes.

2.    What other organizations are you involved with at UVA?

I have volunteered through Madison House, been a member of the Mahogany Dance Troupe, and currently work at Alderman Library.

3.    If you could describe your intern team in 3 words, what would they be?

Hardworking, enthusiastic, and empowering. It has been such an honor to work with such wonderful women.

4.    What is your favorite memory of UVA thus far?

Studying abroad this past summer has been one of my favorite memories thus far. I met some of my best friends studying abroad in Spain and France, and it was great being able to travel with them exploring new countries and cultures while practicing French and Spanish.

5.    What does leadership mean to you?

Leadership for me means taking the initiative to empower others. Being a part of YWLP has taught me that a leader is someone who is able to become a support system and resource for others through good and bad times.

6.    What is your guilty pleasure?

My guilty pleasure is breakfast food. There is nothing I love more than French toast, fried eggs, pancakes, hot chocolate, orange juice, sausage patties, biscuits n' gravy, and hash browns. I could eat it everyday.