1.    What brought you to the women’s center?

A good friend of mine at the university introduced me to the Men's Leadership Project in the Maxine Platzer Lynn Women's Center. He is involved in many important organizations, but he emphasized how special MLP was to him. 

2.    If you could describe MLP in three words, what would they be?

Special, Important, Impactful

3.     What other organizations are you involved with at UVA?

Virginia Basketball Academy, Wintergreen Adaptive Sports, Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity

4.    How has a mentor impacted you?

In high school I had a mentor that really made my transition from middle school to high school go smoothly. Not only did he provide me with a friendly and supportive contact at school, but he taught me valuable lessons and character traits that made me a better person. My mentor's impact on me, has made it a goal of mine to positively impact others in a similar manner.

5.    If you could choose anyone, who would you choose to be your mentor?

At this point in my life, a large focus of mine is making career-path decisions. I think that I would benefit the most from having a professional in my field as my mentor. Many of the questions and stressors that I have originate from these decisions, so a mentor of this nature would be best for me right now.

6.    What would most like to tell your 13-year-old self?

I would tell my 13 year old to be as open-minded as possible. Try new things, meet new people, express your true feelings, and learn as much as possible. As a 13 year old I remember being concerned that my actions, interests, and thoughts were going to define me for the next 10 years or so of my life, therefore I didn't explore as many things as I could.