Student Spotlight: Grace Leffler
Name: Grace Leffler
Major: Psychology, Cognitive Science
Hometown: Richmond, VA
1. What brought you to the Women's Center?
I was curious about finding a more focused and intentional volunteer group, which is how I ended up here once my professor nudged me towards this program. I hate that the actual Women's Center is closed; everyone should visit the place at least once!
2. If you could describe YWLP in 3 words, how would you describe it?
Embracing, mindful, energizing.
3. What other organizations are you involved with at UVA?
I am involved with National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), Global Greeters, Flux Spoken Word & Poetry, and the Institute for Law, Psychiatry, and Public Policy.
4. If you could choose anyone, who would you choose to be your mentor?
I would be so star-struck if I could meet Ruth Bader Ginsberg since she is such an icon--but I honestly appreciate already having strong, capable women in my life to show me there is not one path to sustain success and personal contentment.
5. What would you most like to tell your 13 year old self?
I would tell her to talk to more people and to keep climbing trees.