1.    What brought you to the Women's Center?

I was first introduced to the Women's Center through their counseling program. I was attracted to the idea of working on a team of just women as it appeared to be a more comfortable space in which I can truly express my thoughts and feelings. On top of that, being surrounded by a group of strong, supportive, diverse women that share similar passions as me is constant motivation to be the best version of myself.

2.    What is your favorite memory of UVA thus far? 

I've made many memories during my four years at UVA, but my favorite has to be the night we won the National Championship. Running from JPJ to the corner to celebrate with the rest of my classmates was simply ecstatic.

3.    Who is a woman that inspires you? 

My mother came as an immigrant to America 13 years ago all on her own. She was able to bring me and my two brothers to live in the states and raise us in a foreign country as a single mother. Everyday I am reminded of how strong and independent she has been all of her life and I dream to be half the Woman she is now.

4.    What is one thing you do after a stressful day? 

Typically after a stressful day I do a self care night. I start by taking a warm bath, then putting on a face mask, and making myself a warm drink. I then grab candy (typically chocolate), and put on anime.

5.    How does your work for the Women's Center motivate you? 

The Women’s Center offers a lot of great resources to students regardless of their backgrounds, however, because it is not directly affiliated with the University of Virginia, not many students are aware of its benefits. Thus, through my time with the Social Media Marketing Team, I have made it my mission to inform other students of these resources.

6.    What’s a podcast or TV show that’s grabbed your attention recently? 

Crime Junkie!