Student Spotlight: Zaira Khan
Major: Political Science
Year: Third Year
1. What brought you to the Women’s Center?
Wanting to work with our local Charlottesville community and be able to give back.
2. How has a mentor impacted you?
I’ve made such amazing friends who are strong and powerful. They have taught me to be strong like they are, even when I don’t feel like I can be.
3. Who is a woman that inspires you?
Dr. Jill Biden. She will continue working while being a first lady and it speaks to her dedication to her students.
4. How are you making a difference at the Women’s Center?
I have a great relationship with my little sister. I believe we have worked through a lot of daily middle school struggles and we have honestly both helped each other. We have deep conversations that are meaningful and I can tell she’s grown so much since I met her!
5. What is something you and your little have bonded over?
We have bonded over our relationships with family members — we both come from tight-knit families and it’s one of the reasons we were able to get so close at first.
6. What is one thing you do after a stressful day?
Read or watch tv with my dog