PHEW! What a year! I think 2020 was the year of being in my body. I don’t think I have ever been stretched, forced into feelings of vulnerability and attuned to the intersectional ways my body lives in the world more than I was this past year. It’s been a roller-coaster ride. I am happy to find myself back in this space with you all as we ring in the new year and new semester. Welcome Back and Happy New Year! I hope that this year is Just & Kind to everybody and every body.

The Body Positive team is excited to roll out some new & fun events this semester. We will be hosting monthly instalives in collaboration with other super awesome body positive activists. We will be taking advantage of your UVA Wellness Days and hosting monthly body positive restorative yoga with Sameera Qureshi- an awesome sexual health educator and registered yoga instructor. We will also continue to share our thoughts and good finds on the Women’s Center social media pages and continue to offer The Body Project. Stay tuned to this space for more details and/or reach out to us at [email protected] to find out more.

I hope this year brings more joy, hope and healing for every body. Happy to be back, y'all!