Student Spotlight: Anna Cook
Major: Philosophy; Women and Gender Studies; Minor in Studio Art
1. What brought you to the Women's Center?
It sounded like a cool organization that I really wanted to be a part of and I wanted to be able to help with the work they were doing!
2. What is your favorite memory of UVA thus far?
Getting to act in Hauntings for Brown! Y'all should totally come by if we have it next year!
3. Who is a woman that inspires you?
One person who inspires me is definitely Ruth Bader Ginsburg. As someone who wants to go into law, I find her so inspiring and gives me hope that I'll be able to do good with my work.
4. What is one thing you do after a stressful day?
I like to get takeout and take some time to watch some TV! It's an old habit that I find really soothing.
5. How does your work for the Women's Center motivate you?
My work really motivates me to pause and think more about how my actions and the beliefs I hold shape how I move throughout the world. Working with MLP has made me really aware of the language I use and how that can perpetuate patriarchal ideals.
6. What’s a podcast or TV show that’s grabbed your attention recently?
Veronica Mars! I love the criminal/law aspect and the feminist tendencies even if it hasn't aged super well. I would love a decent reboot tho...