Navigation

Search this site

Apply to be a Big in 2021-22!

Join One of Our COMMUNITY MENTORING Programs

Over the summer, we are accepting applications on a rolling basis from UVA students interested in serving as Big Sisters and Big Brothers to local middle school students in the 2021-2022 academic year. Learn more about why our Bigs say YWLP and MLP are among the most memorable experiences they've had at UVA.

Young Women Leaders Program:
Browse all of the information about the Young Women Leaders Program in the YWLP area of our website.
Ready to be a Big Sister? Apply for YWLP while spaces remain. 

Men's Leadership Project: 
Browse all of the information about the Men's Leadership Project in the MLP area of our website.
Ready to be a Big Brother? MLP will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis while spaces remain. Contact Genevieve Brackins for the most up to date information. 

Purpose & Belonging: My 3 Years wtih YWLP

"I was dedicated to this program and it gave so much back to me. I signed up for YWLP expecting a meaningful but pretty straightforward mentoring experience. Instead I got a life-changing experience that made me an emotionally stronger, wiser, and more patient leader. I got way more than I bargained for, and for that I am forever grateful."

-Gabriella Schmidt

Add new comment

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.