Class Year: 2022

Major: Global Security & Justice and Government

Hometown: Richmond, VA

1.    What brought you to the Women's Center?

After taking my first WGS class, I was interested in learning more about gender issues and meeting other students passionate about these topics. I'd heard a lot about the work that the Women's Center does and wanted to get involved and contribute.

2.    What is your favorite memory of UVA thus far?

I love trick-or-treating on the lawn. Seeing all of the cute pets in costume always makes me smile.

3.    Who is a woman that inspires you?

My mom! As a working immigrant mother, she's been such an inspiration to me. I really value everything she's taught me about determination, adaptability, and kindness as well as how much she's encouraged me to pursue my goals.

4.    What is one thing you do after a stressful day?

I love to settle in with a good book and a cup of tea!

5.    How does your work with the Women's Center motivate you?

I love being able to work directly with members of the Charlottesville community and provide assistance in a time of need. The legal system suffers from so many flaws, including many that disproportionately impact low-income individuals. I'm motivated to contribute to an effort that makes legal aid more accessible.

6.    What is a podcast, TV show, etc., that has grabbed your attention and why?

Unbelievable on Netflix! I think it's so impactful how the mini-series depicts some of the challenges that survivors of sexual assault face, both personally/emotionally and institutionally from law enforcement.