Student Spotlight: Anna Stein
Class Year: Third
Hometown: Vienna, VA
1. What brought you to the Women's Center?
My friend recommended that I join YWLP!
2. What is your favorite memory of UVA thus far?
Last Halloween, my roommates and I dressed up and hung out on the lawn, and after a little bit, one of my roommates and I, still in costume, went to Sheetz. We stood outside the door, pretended to work there, and handed out masks to people. It was really funny when people actually believed we worked there in our Bowser and Playboy bunny costumes ;)
3. Who is a woman that inspires you?
My younger sister -- she has the biggest heart and is also unapologetically herself, and always goes after what she wants. I'm a better person for having her in my life.
4. What is one thing you do after a stressful day?
I love to read in bed!
5. How does your work with the Women's Center motivate you?
Working with the Women's Center has allowed me to leave the UVA bubble and form meaningful connections with people both at UVA and in greater Charlottesville.
6. What is a podcast, TV show, etc., that has grabbed your attention and why?
Right now I'm watching Fleabag and I absolutely love it. It's a very real portrayal of a woman who grapples with grief, family dynamics, and her relationship with sex.