Navigation

Search this site

Student Spotlight: Chloe Lyda

Class Year: 2022

Major: Government and English

Hometown: Goochland, VA

1.    What brought you to the Women's Center?

I have always loved the Women's Center's support of all students, and I wanted to be a part of that support system in a more involved way.

2.    What is your favorite memory of UVA thus far?

I loved rushing The Corner after we won the Men's Basketball National Championship in 2019. The energy and excitement was amazing.

3.    Who is a woman that inspires you?

There are so many women who inspire me, but my mom, Emma Keller (VP of the Class of 2022), Carolyn Barrington (pre-med extraordinaire), and Kira Bannister (MUN god) are just a few!

4.    What is one thing you do after a stressful day?

Chill out by watching The Vampire Diaries and baking pumpkin muffins.

5.    How does your work with the Women's Center motivate you?

I am always so excited when someone says that something in a piece I wrote helped them or resonated with them, and so those experiences just remind me to keep writing about my experiences and thoughts—in hopes that someone else out there can relate and feel more seen.

6.    What is a podcast, TV show, etc., that has grabbed your attention and why?

I just watched the third season of "Manifest," and I have to say, it is definitely the best season. I love when there are twists that I don't expect!

Add new comment

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.