Name: Chloe Lyda
Major: Double Major in Government and English and Double Minor in Global Sustainability and Women, Gender, & Sexuality
Year: Third Year

1.    What brought you to the Women's Center? 

I wanted to learn how to advocate more effectively and respectfully (in terms of not speaking over those that have experiences and identities that I do not).

2.    What is your favorite memory of UVA thus far?

Handing out 'Hoo Voted' pins on election day in 2018. It was pouring down rain outside of Slaughter Rec Center and we were huddled under a tent thanking people for voting!

3.    Who is a woman that inspires you?

That's such a difficult question because I feel like every woman inspires me in some way. My mother inspires me of course and I hope to be at least half of who she is one day, and my friend Carolyn has a way about her that allows her to see so many pieces of an issue — I really admire that and think that is something that I want to be able to learn how to do.

4.    What is one thing you do after a stressful day?

Run! I love running and it helps to clear my head and reset my day.

5.    How does your work for the Women's Center motivate you?

It reminds me that I have a strong voice that can create change and that has a powerful effect if I just use it for good — especially writing for IRIS I have the ability to speak to a large audience and get across messages that I think are important.

6.    What’s a podcast or TV show that’s grabbed your attention recently?

The Vampire Diaries! I am sucked in!