Navigation

Search this site

Student Spotlight: Rachel Dadoo

Class Year: 2023

Major: Commerce and Economics

Hometown: McLean, VA

1.    What brought you to the Women's Center?

My 1st year RA introduced me about the Women's Center!

2.    What is your favorite memory of UVA thus far?

My favorite memory of UVA was lighting of the lawn. It was my first winter at UVA and seeing the lights and hearing the holiday music was such a wonderful memory I got to capture with my friends.

3.    Who is a woman that inspires you?

My mom inspires me with her kindness, elegance and intelligence. She has always supported me even in the most challenging phases of my life. I couldn't have made this far without love and guidance.

4.    What is one thing you do after a stressful day?

I like to go for a run after a stressful day to decompress and get some Vitamin D!

5.    How does your work with the Women's Center motivate you?

I get to work with other amazing women at the Legal Clinic and get involved in the Charlottesville community.

6.    What is a podcast, TV show, etc., that has grabbed your attention and why?

In Your Feelings is a podcast I've recently started listening to while going on walks. It's focused on exploring the humanness and realness of emotions. College is a rollercoaster of emotions and experiences and it can be easy to lose sight of who you are in such a big community. It's nice way to reconnect with myself and take time to reflect on certain aspects of my life.

Add new comment

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.