Class Year: 2022
Major: Economics and Environmental Thought & Practice
Hometown: Charlottesville, VA

1.    What brought you to the Women's Center?
Last year one of my friends posted about interning at the Women's Center on Facebook, and I texted her to get some more information. I read more about the Women's Center resources and internship opportunities and decided to apply!

2.    What is your favorite memory of UVA thus far?
That's a hard question! There are so many to choose from. In 2019 I got to travel with the Cavalier Marching Band to the Orange Bowl in Miami. It was a super fun trip - we went to Universal, had a beach day, and got to perform in Hard Rock Stadium! Does that count? It wasn't at UVA but I think it should count.

3.    Who is a woman that inspires you?
Greta Thunberg! She's only 19 years old and has accomplished so much already. She's been Time Magazine's Person of the Year, nominated for multiple Nobel Peace Prizes, and stood up personally to world leaders. I profiled her for a class earlier this semester and learned about her work and the hardships she faced before her climate activism. She's so brave and driven to stand up for what is right! She has a book of her speeches titled "No One is Too Small To Make a Difference" and I think that message encapsulates why she inspires me so much.

4.    What is one thing you do after a stressful day?
Spend time outside! I love going on walks and hanging out on my roof. Nature has very strong meditative effects, and being outside always helps me calm down and relax while lightening my mood.

5.    How does your work with the Women's Center motivate you?
It's really empowering to be around so many amazing women. I used to be really intimidated by how impressive, passionate, and intelligent my co-interns are, but I've come to realize I'm doing the right thing if I'm surrounded by such amazing people. The people at the Women’s Center lift me up and empower me to be better. Watching all the amazing work my friends do inspires me to do amazing work as well.

6.    What is a podcast, TV show, etc., that has grabbed your attention and why?
Lately I've been watching The Ultimatum on Netflix and it is MESSED UP. The premise is that 6 couples come on this show after one partner issues and ultimatum, and THEN THEY ALL DATE EACH OTHER INSTEAD. They decide at the end which person to continue with, but I haven't gotten that far yet. Cannot recommend it enough.