Quick Links - Note that all of these resources are offering remote service options during the COVID-19 response
- Sexual Assault Resource Agency (SARA) - local crisis counselors are available 24/7 at 434-977-7273
- Shelter for Help in Emergency (SHE) - local crisis counselors are available 24/7 at 434-293-8509
- Women's Center Counseling Services - available 8:30-5, M-F (except holidays) at 434-982-2252
- Women's Center Gender Violence Information Hub and Links to Resources
- Rape and Incest National Network (RAINN) Online Hotline - crisis counseling via chat is available 24/7 at hotline.rainn.org/online
- National Sexual Assault Hotline - crisis counselors are available 24/7 at (800) 656-4673
Confidential Resources at the Women's Center
If you have experienced sexual assault or harassment and are in need of a confidential consultation on your options, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also call the Women’s Center at 434-982-2361 and one of our confidential staff members will return your call. Confidential consultation is available to survivors of gender violence at UVA (including students, alumni, staff and faculty) regardless of whether or not you are a client of our counseling services.
Please note that other members of the staff at the Women's Center who are not counselors or Confidential Advocates are what the University refers to as Responsible Employees. They are required to share information with the University's Title IX office when they learn that a student has experienced sexual assault or harassment. This includes most members of our administration and the staff members who work with our interns, Big Brothers, and Big Sisters.