Interns on this team support the Engaged Scholarship efforts of the Women’s Center. They contribute to the Program Director’s outreach efforts in the UVA and Charlottesville community. Interns who work on this team play an important role in planning and executing existing initiatives as well as finding new ways to bring about inclusive engagement of interns and other students at the Women Center.
Typical Activities for Interns on this team
Interns on the Engaged Scholarship Team work in areas like these:
- Collaborating with community partners
- Developing and implementing community service opportunities
- Contributing to a blog or podcast series
- Supporting the research interests of the program director regarding social justice issues
- Annual events including Earth Day programing, International Women's Month, and Black Womanhood in College Workshop