Current Job Openings
There are no openings on our staff at this time.
The following part-time positions are offered annually for graduate and undergraduate students at the University. Positions that have NOT been filled will have a posting number or a link to apply included in the list below. Positions that have been filled may be shown below for general information purposes but no posting number or link will be included.
Graduate Student Staff
We consider serving as a paid internship site for graduate students to be part of our mission as a center for engaged scholarship.
- Graduate Fellowships: Each year, two graduate assistants support the staff at the Women's Center in providing our engaged scholarship experiences for undergraduate students. We award the Oleda Casscells Fellowship and the Elizabeth Taylor Greer Fellowship annually to outstanding graduate students at UVA. Candidates interested in applying for these fellowships should plan to apply in the spring for a fellowship the following academic year.
- Counseling Intern: In each year that space and staffing arrangements permit, we host one counseling intern who is completing a graduate program in counseling at a select institution.
- Research Positions: Additional support for research on the effectiveness of our programs may be provided by graduate students in particular years as determined by program needs and availability of funding.
Each academic year we employ undergraduate students in these positions:
- Front desk assistants: These students are hired for one or more weekly shifts in the reception area at the Women's Center.
- Iris Assistant Editor: This position is offered to an outstanding intern from our Iris writing team who returns to the team for a subsequent year to edit and manage the publication along with the member of our staff who serves as the editor of Iris.
- Iris Multimedia Contributor: This student contributes visual content for the Iris site to enhance the articles written by the Iris interns.