Class Year: 2025
Major: Politics and Religious Studies
Hometown: Smithfield, VA
Role: Volunteer Coordinator
1. What brought you to the Women's Center?
I stumbled upon the Women's Center table at the resource fair my first year and was happy to learn of the work being done to support women in the UVA community- and even more excited to learn there were opportunities to volunteer and get involved.
2. What is your favorite memory at UVA so far?
A day spent at the Farmer's Market and a coffee shop downtown with one of my best friends
3. Who is a woman that inspires you?
I've always adored Dolly Parton because she is not only unafraid to be her authentic, flashy, fabulous feminine self, but she is always looking to give back to her community. Most importantly, she is never afraid to be held accountable to her mistakes and make efforts to both do and be better moving forward.
4. What is one thing you do after a stressful day?
I love to spend time outdoors- especially having a picnic with my friends on the lawn
5. How does your work at the Women's Center motivate you?
The staff and interns at the Women's Center see abilities within me I sometimes struggle to see in myself- they inspire me to have the confidence to make the change I want to see in the world, and I hope to instill this confidence in my volunteers as well.
6. What is a podcast/TV show/book, etc. that's grabbed your attention recently?
I always enjoy re-watching Jane the Virgin or The Good Place