Student Spotlight: Alexis Gayle
Major: Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
Hometown: Newport News, VA
1. What brought you to the Women’s Center?
I came to the Women’s Center because of my desire to get more involved in the Charlottesville community and my concern for social issues.
2. What other organizations are you involved with at UVA?
Planned Parenthood Generation Action and Madison House.
3. If you could describe you intern team in 3 words, what would they be?
Warm, enthusiastic, and communicative.
4. What is your favorite memory of UVA thus far?
My favorite memory at UVA thus far is my first Lighting of the Lawn.
5. What does leadership mean to you?
To me, leadership means taking action wherever and whenever you see it is needed, as well as modeling a willingness to make mistakes and learn from them.
6. What is your guilty pleasure?
ASMR videos on YouTube are my guilty pleasure. They’re so relaxing and satisfying!