Student Spotlight: Olivia Buckle
Major: Chinese Language and Literature
Hometown: Westwood, MA
1. What brought you to the Women's Center?
I was friends with a lot of empowering women who were interns in the past. They told me about their experiences working in the Women's Center and how fulfilling they were. I applied to be an intern so that I could choose my own adventure and find my own fulfillment.
2. What other organizations are you involved with at UVA?
CORE (Culture of Respect Educators) and Kappa Delta
3. If you could describe your intern team in 3 words, what would they be?
resilient, empathic, realer-than-real
4. What is your favorite memory of UVA thus far?
Going on Fall Break to the Smoky Mountains during my second year with my best friend and a bunch of then-strangers, camping for the first time, and briefly feeling like a free human being with no responsibilities
5. What does leadership mean to you?
Leadership means being able to acknowledge and own up to your faults and missteps, being able to ask for help when you need it, recognizing when others need to be built up and supported, and using your platform to center the narratives of those who are otherwise not heard
6. What is your guilty pleasure?
The dark chocolate peanut butter cups from Trader Joe's OR the special chocolate-covered Joe Joes they have during the winter time