Student Spotlight: Gabby Ringer
Major: Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and Media Studies
Hometown: Mechanicsville, VA
1. What brought you to the Women's Center?
I initially found the Women's Center at Days on the Lawn when I was a prospective student and volunteered there throughout my first year. The people who work at the Women's Center are always so kind and welcoming and many of the women that I admire were past interns.
2. What other organizations are you involved with at UVA?
I'm also involved with Culture of Respect Educators and WXTJ student radio
3. If you could describe your intern team in 3 words, what would they be?
compassionate, resilient, generous
4. What's your favorite memory of UVA thus far?
Last year, my best friend and I did a Delilah themed radio show where we had people text and call us with questions and we gave them advice on their problems.
5. What does leadership mean to you?
Leadership is having conviction in the things you are doing and making sure everyone in your group feels heard and empowered. It also means knowing when it is time to listen and follow others.
6. What is your guilty pleasure?
I don't really believe in guilty pleasures!