Student Spotlight: Kaitlyn Hyun
Name: Kaitlyn Hyun
Year: Third year
Major: Public Policy & Leadership
Hometown: Fairfax, VA
1. What brought you to the Women's Center?
I found out about YWLP and, as a result, the Women's Center as well!
2. If you could describe YWLP in 3 words, how would you describe it?
Opportunities to grow
3. What other organizations are you involved with at UVA?
Grace Christian Fellowship, Bearings Journal, Batten Undergraduate Council Internal Committee
4. How has a mentor impacted you?
It has been such a privilege to see the littles be challenged, learn, and grow. Although our time got cut short, it was so sweet to build relationships with the littles, bigs, and facilitators in my group. I grew in my desire to reach out to the greater Charlottesville community and invest in the future generation.
5. If you could choose anyone, who would you choose to be your mentor?
Jesus--he was such a great leader who made a huge impact on the world, and I want to learn from his humility, compassion, and wisdom.
6. What would you most like to tell your 13 year old self?