Year: 4th Year

Major: Political Philosophy, Policy & Law

1.    What brought you to the Women's Center?
I knew some students in years above me who loved their time interning with the Women's Center! I was eager to have the same enriching and impactful experience that they did.

2.    What is your favorite memory of UVA thus far?
The National Championship! I was working at a restaurant on the corner during the game. I'll never forget the moment when everyone flooded the streets to celebrate the big win.

3.    Who is a woman that inspires you?
My senior intern, Alyssa Candelmo is a woman who inspires me. Alyssa is one of the most hardworking, resilient, and kind people I have had the pleasure of knowing at UVA. No matter what life throws at her, Alyssa always has a positive attitude, a generous spirit, and a desire to bring her all.

4.    What is one thing you do after a stressful day?
Playing night tennis with my roommates while blasting Abba!

5.    How does your work for the Women's Center motivate you?
Interning with the Women's Center's Free Legal Clinic, I have seen how much just 30 minutes of a volunteering attorney's time can help someone else in their moment of need. Getting to work with these attorneys has motivated me to go to law school so that one day I can be a resource to others in the same way.

6.    What’s a podcast or TV show that’s grabbed your attention recently?
I really enjoyed the show Love Life, starring Anna Kendrick! I may or may not have finished all 10 episodes in 48 hours.