Student Spotlight: Sadia Ahmadi
Class Year: 2023
Major: WGS and Cognitive Science (linguistics concentration)
Hometown: Oakton, VA
1. What brought you to the Women's Center?
I was embraced by the welcoming female-led community at the WC and felt as though the WC served as the strongest support system available for students at UVA.
2. What is your favorite memory of UVA thus far?
Halloween Drag Race at the Art park!
3. Who is a woman that inspires you?
Megan thee Stallion! She normalizes female sexual liberation and exploration
4. What is one thing you do after a stressful day?
Make wired jewelry! I make vulva earrings.
5. How does your work with the Women's Center motivate you?
Each day I work with the brilliant women around me, I feel more secure in defining my womanhood and navigating the spaces that I am in. I learn new things every time and feel closer to achieving my ultimate goal of gender justice around the world.
6. What is a podcast, TV show, etc., that has grabbed your attention and why?
Good Muslim Bad Muslim provides an unfiltered lens on multicultural issues Muslim women face in America and challenges the Western monolithic understanding of Muslims as a population. The intricacies of womanhood and Muslimhood are revealed in each episode!