Class Year: 2022

Major: Biology and English

Hometown: Richmond, VA

1.    What brought you to the Women's Center?

I started my journey with the Women's Center as a Big Sister for YWLP. Once I started with the program, I absolutely fell in love with its goals and the relationships I facilitated, so I became a Facilitator the next year, and am now an Intern for YWLP!

2.    What is your favorite memory of UVA thus far?

My favorite memory of UVA thusfar is definitely winning the National Championship in Basketball my First Year. Being on the corner surrounded by other students and my best friends was definitely a night I'll never forget!

3.    Who is a woman that inspires you?

My sister is definitely a woman who inspires me. She graduated with her undergraduate degree from JMU, is currently killing it in nursing school, and works three jobs while doing it! She is truly the definition of a hard worker and inspires me everyday to work hard and be my best self.

4.    What is one thing you do after a stressful day?

After a stressful day, I love to make myself a cup of tea, run a hot bath, and read a couple of chapters in whatever book I'm reading at the moment.

5.    How does your work with the Women's Center motivate you?

My work with YWLP and the Women's Center motivates me to both be my best self, and take time to rest and care for my mental health. Oftentimes at UVA, you can feel like you're not doing enough or making a big enough impact, but my time at the Women's Center has really shown me that I am doing just that, and I deserve to give myself a break every now and then.

6.    What is a podcast, TV show, etc., that has grabbed your attention and why?

Recently, I've been loving listening to the "My Favorite Murder" podcast with Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark. They do a great job of covering famous and small-town murder cases, while also being hilarious and relatable at the same time. Their minisodes where they read letters from listeners about their connections to famous murders, incidents in their hometowns, etc. are my favorites to listen to!