students in lounge
Resources

Class Year: 2022
Major: Youth & Social Innovation
Hometown: Farmville, VA

1.    What brought you to the Women's Center?
I came to the Women’s Center in pursuit of finding a strong network of women who seek to build each other up through professional and personal support.

2.    How has a mentor impacted you?
In high school, I had a mentor from the local college who showed me love and compassion when things in my immediate life may have been shaky. I am forever grateful for that additional form of support and modeling in my life.

3.    Who is a woman that inspires you?
My co-facilitator Ellie Wilcox inspires me. She leads with strong communication skills, deeply rooted in valuing herself, others, and honesty. When Ellie speaks in group, I know it’s going to be insightful and I should take notes.

4.    How are you making a difference at the Women’s Center?
At the Women’s Center, I am a facilitator for the Young Women Leaders Program at Burley Middle School. I may not have a large impact on the center as a whole, but I value whatever impact I’m able to have on the middle schoolers and mentors I interact with on a weekly basis. I’m just hoping it’s a positive impact!

5.    What is something you and your little have bonded over?
Last year when I was a Big, my Little and I bonded over disliking peanut butter. It was that small similarity that blossomed into a fruitful friendship.

6.    What is one thing you do after a stressful day?
After a stressful day, I like to get out a spoon and my Nutella and take as long as I can to eat a single spoonful of Nutella. It allows me to slow down and enjoy what is right in front of me.