Your investment in our students' work across Grounds and in the Charlottesville community shows today’s ‘Hoos that the spirit of civic engagement lives across the University community far and wide!
Your support matters here. Please click here to give online, or mail a check to us at P.O. Box 800588, Charlottesville, VA 22908.
Our young leaders are taking on the most daunting challenges out there.
The world needs them. They need you.
"I always knew I wanted to do something that pertained to youth advocacy because I wanted to support other students and other kids that went through all that I had gone through. My experience with the Young Women Leaders Program was incredible. I was matched with a little sister who was Latinx like me, and her family was also undocumented, and we connected instantly and had a really great bond. I was just like, ‘This is what I want to do!’"
Paola Sanchez Valdez
Legal Aid Justice Center
"The Men’s Leadership Project works to mentor and instill leadership traits in 7th grade boys. Our current culture pushes boys to be emotionless, dominant, and physical. MLP is an acknowledgement that having someone by your side to explore the values of masculinity can prevent some of those consequences. We worked to foster qualities of leadership and respect. It really motivated me to keep working with kids."
National Institutes of Health
"As an intern, I studied eating disorders and exercise abuse in young adults, hoping to understand how these concerns manifest or are exacerbated by the collegiate environment. I led large group educational presentations, providing techniques to combat these influences and resources for those struggling. As a future educator, this is a resource and knowledge base I can now access for my students and the young women of my community. While I’m certainly thankful for the public speaking, researching, and facilitating skills developed through this program, it’s the relationships I will without a doubt miss the most."
Elementary School Teacher
Teach for America
"During my second year, I discovered the Women’s Center internship program. And it all clicked. It was a 19-year-old Taylor’s dream. A space dedicated to fostering dignity for women and girls? Working for gender justice here and globally? Actual programs to institute social change? I knew it was something I had to be a part of."
Marketing & Development Apprentice
Olney Theater Center
"It’s a very special blessing to be in a community of intellectuals that are driven and dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge. It’s an even more special blessing to be in a place like the Women’s Center where staff and interns give and give and give, constantly using their power for good."
CLAS ‘15, Batten ‘16
Federal Strategy and Operations, Deloitte
Ways to Give
- With our online giving form, you can use a credit card to make a one-time gift or initiate giving that automatically recurs over a period of months or years.
- Mail a check to: P.O. Box 800588, Charlottesville, VA 22908
- Do you own stock that has appreciated? Donate shares and receive a charitable deduction for the full current market value and exemption from capital gains tax. Contact us to let us know that you plan give securities or to get further information.
- Contact us with any questions about making a pledge.
Invest in Our Future
- If you have included the Women’s Center in your will, trust or estate plan, please let us know.
- Please contact us if you are interested in planning a future gift. We would be happy to connect you with information about the readily available options and the tax and financial planning advantages associated with these types of gifts.